Friday, July 30, 2010

Displaying date only problem in mail from SharePoint designer

Hi All,

When I was working with sending reminder workflow which I discussed in my earlier post, I faced one more problem. I needed to send a birth date as well in the mail.

Now I created that birth date column as date and time and kept format date only. I did not select date and time in format, hence I assumed that if I include this field in the mail. It should display only date. However it sends date but it also appends 12 : 00 AM along with that, which is not proper.

So what is the correct way? The answer is calculated column. Create one calculated column of type single line of text and give it appropriate name and use this formula =TEXT({your field},"mm/dd/yyyy"). Replace {your field} with the date column and you use this new calculated column instead of actual date column.

You should be good to go with getting mail with date only instead of date and 12:00 AM time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was just what I was looking for. Thanks!




Share your SharePoint Experiences with us...
As good as the SharePointKings is, we want to make it even better. One of our most valuable sources of input for our Blog Posts comes from ever enthusiastic Visitors/Readers. We welcome every Visitor/Reader to contribute their experiences with SharePoint. It may be in the form of a code stub, snippet, any tips and trick or any crazy thing you have tried with SharePoint.
Send your Articles to sharepointkings@gmail.com with your Profile Summary. We will Post them. The idea is to act as a bridge between you Readers!!!

If anyone would like to have their advertisement posted on this blog, please send us the requirement details to sharepointkings@gmail.com